Join the Swelling Ranks of Centered Riding® Instructors
The demand for Centered Riding Instructors is growing steadily with requests for instructors coming into the website from around the world. Become a Centered Riding Instructor and learn how to use Centered Riding techniques to help your students become effective riders more quickly - and the horses really love it!
• First Aid + CPR Certificate are strongly recommended
• Minimum age of 18 years
• Able to ride all 3 gaits (walk, trot and canter/lope) in balance in a group lesson
• Has participated in a minimum of one (1) Open CR 2-3 day clinic or two (2) or more 1-day Open CR clinics ( use our clinic search form to find a suitable clinic)
1. Has been a student rider at a CR Instructor Course or Update Clinic
and have a recommendation from the Clinician or assisting Apprentice
2. Has taken a minimum of 6 lessons from a Level III or 4 lessons from an Apprentice or Level IV and have a written recommendation
from that Centered Riding clinician to take the Instructor Course
• Has minimum experience of one year teaching riding (candidates need not be employed as full-time riding instructors)
• Accommodations for disabled instructors will be made on a case-by-case basis.
• Must participate in all 7 days of the course and attend Parts 1 (3-days) and 2 (4-days) of the same course
• No more than one half-day of the course may be missed
• Centered Riding and Centered Riding 2: Further Exploration are required texts for the CR Instructor Course and instructor candidates are expected to have read them and be familiar with their content by the end of Part 2
- Both books are available in several languages and the English version can be purchased through the Centered Riding office
• At the end of the course, successful candidates must fill out and submitted the New Instructor Membership Form to the clinician and pay the annual Instructor Level I membership dues.
Upon Successful completion of the course, new instructors:
• Will receive their CR Instructor Record book (orange record book)
• Will receive a Certificate as a Certified Centered Riding Instructor, which will be mailed from the Centered Riding office
• Will be listed on the Centered Riding website as a Level I Centered Riding Instructor
• May use the Centered Riding logo in advertising
• May advertise that as a Centered Riding Instructor and that you teach using Centered Riding techniques
• Will be listed in the Annual Directory of Centered Riding Instructors
To maintain standing as a Certified Centered Riding Instructor, dues must be paid annually and the Instructor must participate in an Instructor Update clinic within two years of the completion of the course and then in accordance with the update policies.